Last update: September 2018
VFP Ink Technologies is committed to protecting personal data of our EU employees, contractors, customers, and vendors, regardless of where that data is processed. VFP Ink Technologies collects, uses and shares various pieces of information which the users of our products provide to us through our website (“Website”) or through business relations and contracts.
As part of our efforts to protect the confidentiality of your private data, we created this web page so that you can learn about and understand the ways we process the data that you communicate to us.
The purposes of the confidentiality policy that is formally set out herein are to describe:
– the data that we collect and the reasons for this collection;
– the way we use this data;
– the ways in which it can be accessed, updated, deleted and amended.
We mainly process personal data about our employees and business contact data relating to our customers, suppliers and other individuals with whom we have a business relationship. We also gather personal information through our website.
In order to provide better services to all users of our products, we may collect and process various pieces of data collected by the following means:
Data collected directly from the user: While using our Website you provide us with information that can be used to identify you (“Personal Data”). For example, you provide us with Personal Data when you fill in forms in order to register for our services, to get information about our products or when you contact us.
This information can include the following data: your surname, first name, address, telephone number, email address;
Data which is collected automatically: When our products and services are used, we collect various pieces of information on a systematic and automated basis. This information mainly falls under the following categories:
– data concerning the device that is used at the time of connection or the ways in which our services are consulted and used: we may collect information concerning the devices on which you use our services or the networks from which you access them, such as your IP addresses, connection data, the types and versions of Internet browsers that are used, the types and versions of your browser’s plug-ins, operating systems and platforms, or data concerning your clickstream;
– local storage: we may collect and store data including Personal Data on the device that you use.
Under all circumstances, we only collect and process data which is strictly necessary for the purpose for which it was collected.
Finally, where we request information from you, we will tell you whether providing this information is optional or compulsory, and we will inform you of the consequences of not providing it.
VFP Ink Technologies will only be able to process personal data if it can demonstrate it has a lawful processing ground, such as reliance on its legitimate interests, where processing is to comply with a legal obligation or with consent from the individual whose personal information is processed.
When processing the personal data of EU individuals we:
– Ensure there is a legitimate business reason to collect the data
– Ensure we have consent to collect and use the data (where required)
– Limit collection, storage and usage of the data only to the extent for which there is a business reason and consent
Collected Data is mainly used:
– to provide you with services that you have requested;
– to send you information about our services by any means of communication;
– to enable you to personalize our services;
– to correct or improve our services.
We may share information which relates to you, including your Personal Data, with third-party companies which process it on our behalf, in accordance with our instructions, current legislation and this policy.
We may also share some data, including your Personal Data, if we are legally required to do so or if we believe in good faith that this is necessary to respond to any complaints made against VFP Ink Technologies, to comply with any enforceable judicial requests, or to guarantee the rights, property and safety of VFP Ink Technologies, its customers, or partners
More generally, we may communicate to third parties all information that you have authorized us to communicate to them.
We also reserve the right to communicate all or part of the data which is collected for the purposes of a transfer of ownership or restructuring of our company or its assets.
We have a security program and an established series of internal policies, processes, and practices across our organization to ensure that personal data of EU individuals is processed appropriately and protected in our information systems.
VFP Ink Technologies is committed to ensuring that personal data is secure. We implement appropriate technical and organisational security measures in accordance with standard practices to protect personal data against: accidental or unlawful destruction; and loss, alteration, unauthorised disclosure or access.
The period for which some data is stored is so that we can comply with our accounting and tax obligations and, more generally, our legal obligations. In particular, this includes all transactions and associated financial data.
Under the GDPR, individuals can exercise the following rights against data controllers:
– a right to request access to, and a copy of, personal information processed about them;
– a right to correct any inaccurate or outdated personal information processed about them;
– a right to object to processing of their personal information;
– a right to request erasure of their personal information
– a right to request that processing of their personal information be restricted
– a right not to be subject to automated decisions that significantly affect them or legally affect them.
Where the applicable laws so provide, you have the right to obtain a copy of Personal Data concerning you which is held by us. In order to deal with your request, we may check your identity and ask you to tell us the type of information that you would like to be communicated.
Please note that we may keep certain pieces of information where we are required to do so by law or where we have a legitimate reason to do so, notwithstanding its deletion by you.