Elippse project: a unique worldwide IME technology
Over the last four years, the consortium Elippse brought together French value chain dedicated to structural electronics, design and manufacturing of IME plastronic products to develop a unique worldwide IME technology. Behind this technological breakthrough, several challenges have been overcome to integrate functional films with printed electronics and surface mounted devices (SMD) into 3D plastic part with complex geometry.
We’re pulling back the curtain to present an innovative technology for tomorrow’s functional plastic products.
Imagine if we were able to
- Miniaturize devices?
- Implement electronics on 3D plastic parts?
- Merge electronics and mechanical functionalities for size, weight and cost ?
Thanks to Elippse Consortium, that is possible from now on!
Elippse project open-up new opportunities for industries such as automotive, medical & healthcare, robotics, electronics and many other industries
Let us introduce each Elippse member and its expertise:
- @ Schneider Electric coordinated the project and the design methodologies for IME
- @ VFP Ink Technologies formulated a high stretchable conductive ink compatible with 3D IME manufacturing process
- @Arc en Ciel Sérigraphie designed and screen-printed multi-functional films.
- @ PLASTIFORM SAS developed functional film thermoforming process to achieve complex 3D shapes
- @IPC Centre Technique Industriel de la Plasturgie et des Composites developed the overmolding process for the integration of printed electronics films
- @ École des Mines de Saint-Étienne evaluated functional methods for IME 3D parts to ensure performances and reliability.
- @ LaMCoS developed the modeling of the thermorforming process adapted to the printed electronics
This project has been co-funded by the European Union within the framework of the European Regional Development Fund , Bpifrance Région Bourgogne-Franche-Comté
Want to know more about Elippse technology?
Discover our website : https://elippse-project.com/en/
Please, feel free to contact us for more information.